At, Central Administrative Tribunal Guwahati Bench Guwahati
By, THE HONOURABLE MRS. MANJULA DAS
By, CHAIRMAN & THE HONOURABLE MR. NEKKHOMANG NEIHSIAL
By, ADMINISTRATIVE MEMBER
For the Applicant: I.A. Talukdar, B. Hussain, Advocates. For the Respondents: B. Pathak, Advocate.
Manjula Das, Chairman.
1. In this O.A. applicant is basically seeking for the following reliefs:-
“8.A) The applicants prayed for issue a direction to the respondent authority to consider the case of the applicant as per law without depriving the applicant from her legitimate claim of Family Pension. The applicant prayed before the Tribunal to issue a direction to the respondent authority to consider the case of the applicant to for the ends of justice.”
2. Sri I.A. Talukdar, learned counsel for the applicant and Sri B. Pathak, learned BSNL counsel appearing for the respondents are present in the court. Learned counsel for the applicant submitted before the BAR that applicant’s mother made a representation on 16.07.2015 before the respondent authority for providing family pension as well as compassionate appointment for her daughter. Mother of the applicant unfortunately expired on 10.01.2021 without getting any pension. Thereafter, elder sister of the applicant namely Miss Punam Singh, did submit a representation dated 23.03.2021 before the respondent authority with the request to grant pension to her brother (applicant in the instant case). However, same is pending till date.
3. Sri B. Pathak, learned counsel appearing for the respondents submitted that if the said representation dated 23.03.2021 was submitted and pending with the respondent authority, let the said representation be decided by them at early.
4. In view of that, we deem it fit and proper to direct the respondent authorities, before whom said representation is pending, to dispose of the same within a time frame. Accordingly, without going into the merit of the case as well as without issuing notice upon the respondents and with the consent of the parties, we hereby direct the competent authority to dispose of the pending representation dated 23.03.2021 within a period of three months from the date of receipt a copy of this order.
5. It is made clear that whatever decision to be taken by the competent authority on the pending representation dated 23
Please Login To View The Full Judgment!
.03.2021, should be a reasoned and speaking and shall be communicated to the applicant forthwith. 6. With the aforesaid directions, O.A. stands disposed of at the admission stage. 7. No order as to costs.